Cycleon is an award winning international Supply Chain and Service Integrator supported by a state-of-the-art Reverse Logistics platform. Our company reduces the complexity of reverse logistics while enhancing flexibility, transparency and control. We have a proven track record in developing and executing optimized end-to-end returns solutions, essential to improving and maintaining customer satisfaction and experience. Cycleon offers best-in-class reverse logistics solutions that meet changing needs in service, commercial, e-commerce, end-of-life and product recall returns. Being part of the Reverse Logistics Group with offices in the Netherlands and Singapore, our aim is to deliver global services. Our team consists of 40 individuals representing over 15 different nationalities servicing the top multinational companies in Europe. Due to our growth we are looking for a
Linux specialist System engineer (IT department)
As a system engineer you are responsible for the infrastructure that our systems are running on, 24/7 availability for our production systems, monitoring the systems using standard monitoring tools and adhering to security requirements. The majority of the servers run in the cloud.
The Cycleon systems deliver functionality for After Sales Returns Management for our customers and are integrated to a substantial number of logistic and transport suppliers, our customers and to standards applications such as financial systems. Monitoring the availability of the connectivity and traffic all around the globe is a key activity. Frequent reporting regarding infrastructure KPI’s and providing advice about improvements are essential.
• Make sure that our systems are up and running (network, storage and server management). Analyze and troubleshoot possible issues, if needed in coordination with hardware vendor or hosting provider
• Work closely together with software development and software suppliers in setting up new and changing existing exchange connections as well as implementing new releases
• Support the deployment of maintenance releases and new functionality releases
• Stay up-to-date with platform updates and inform management about applicability these could have for existing infrastructure
• Work closely together with your fellow IT colleagues in maintaining and improving the IT infrastructure in areas like network, storage and server management
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in hardware and software technologies particular to our business to be able to make recommendations
• Ensure that we are compliant to the Cycleon security standards.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in a fast growing international environment servicing large multi-national complex clients;
• Fluent in English, oral & writing
• Very good working experience with Linux/Solaris system administration, familiar with UNIX tools, Postgres, Enterprise Service Bus and MS Office tooling
• Professional capabilities at an academic or higher professional education level;
• Good understanding of networking (routing/switching, etc.)
• Understanding of (server) hardware configuration and optimization
• Understanding of MS Windows / Linux Server, Tomcat and Quartz
• Understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware) is a must
• Be open minded and passionate about learning new technologies and delivering the best solution to our customers, on time, and as promised.
• Inquisitive attitude towards IT technology and Transport, Logistics and or Finance. A passion for technology
• Master the art of communicating complex details in simplistic terms to our customers and partners. React creatively but rationally to customer requests
• Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills
• Accurate, attention to detail and quality-minded
• Proactive and independent working style
• Good team player with very good communication skills and a positive “can-do” attitude.
• Flexible and hands-on mentality, ability to work under pressure.
For top talent we offer market competitive salary and benefits with focus on individual personal growth and development. Our working environment is an innovative, youthful, international, positive, fun and dynamic one, full of agile; relentlessly customer focused self starters and entrepreneurs.
Our core values; open spirit, passion for results, innovative thinking and customer driven remain at the roots of how we work and we cherish our pioneering spirit.
How to apply:
Would you like to be part of this winning team and would you like to help us further position ourselves as the market leader in reverse management solution? Then please apply by sending us a motivational letter and CV via our application form:
Check out our website for more information: www.cycleon.com
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated